Free Standing Signs

Development Approval must be sought from Council before erecting any free standing signs in the district. For more information contact Council's Development Services Manager.

Movable Signs

  • All movable signs erected within Township zones for the purpose of advertising local businesses must be removed at the end of each day to indicate close of business, thus only being in display whilst the business is open for trading.
  • The signs are to be a minimum of 900mm by 600mm by 600mm and a maximum of 1200mm by 600mm by 600mm.
  • Application to position a movable sign within Township boundaries must be made to Council.¬†These will be assessed¬†on a case-by-case basis.

Road Signs

In 1999 council formally adopted historic names for the rural roads in the district and these are being progressively erected throughout the district at this time. The public were given the opportunity to make comment on a map showing the proposed naming of district rural roads. Kerb number of houses within Cowell are progressing under the direction of Neighbourhood Watch and the Cowell Lions Club. Any queries regarding road signs should be directed to Council's Works Manager.

Tourism Signage

Council, in partnership with a variety of state and federal agencies, has part funded and/or coordinated a range of tourist signs, with a view to providing direction and information to visitors wanting to enjoy our recreation facilities. A recent example includes Tourist Drive location signs for a Coast and Hills drive Trail.

New highway signs featuring larger photographic images of regional attractions are the next in exciting and attractive signs being developed by Council, as part of its tourism and economic development activities.

Traffic Control Signs

Traffic control signs for the highways in the district are the responsibility of Transport SA. Traffic control signs for the rural roads and the townships in the district are the responsibility of Council. Any queries should be directed to Council's Works Manager.

Click to go to a printer friendly version of this page